Special to Kentucky Proud Connection
LEXINGTON, Ky. — The Kentucky Proud Incredible Food Show is the event of the year for everyone who loves food, cooking and entertaining! The annual event, now in its sixth year, will be held on Saturday, October 11 from 9 a.m-5 p.m. EDT at the Lexington Center and Rupp Arena. The show will feature a stellar line-up of culinary seminars, cooking demonstrations and workshops. The show also features The Marketplace with over 125 exhibitors, including local and regional purveyors of Kentucky-made food products, wineries and restaurants.
A complete schedule of events can be viewed at www.incrediblefoodshow.com.
"The Kentucky Proud Incredible Food Show has become Kentucky's signature food event of the year," Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said. "We're excited to have a nationally renowned celebrity chef and dozens of Kentucky Proud producers and businesses again this year. The Kentucky Proud Incredible Food Show is a showcase for the best food products Kentucky has to offer."
A highlight of the Incredible Food Show will be two live cooking presentations by Food Network celebrity chef Ree Drummond – The Pioneer Woman -- on the stage of Ferguson's Celebrity Kitchen Theater in Rupp Arena at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The day kicks off with a full Kentucky Proud breakfast for the first 300 paid attendees. The breakfast will be prepared by Sullivan University and the ingredients provided by numerous Kentucky Proud members that offer fresh, local food available to us every day.
Elements of the Show include:
Kentucky Heritage Kitchen Stage will feature cooking demonstrations on the hour such as:
- Country Ham, Hogs, Salt, Smoke, presented by Chef Jeremy Ashby of Azur Restaurant and author/travel writer Steve Coomes
- Southern Breads: Taste, Tips and History, presented by Chef Liz Denham, Pastry Chef at Historic Boone Tavern Restaurant in Berea
- Hickory Nuts & Such, presented by Chef Ouita Michel of Holly Hill Inn of Midway, Kentucky and Jim Nance of Scott County, Kentucky
- Traditional Cakes and Pies, presented by Ann Evans, executive director, Governor's Mansion of Kentucky and David Larson of Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill
- Rumble at Rupp, presented by Sullivan University
- Stack Cake: The History & Making of an Appalachian Tradition, presented by Fiona Young-Brown, author of A Culinary History of Kentucky
- Small Business, Big Dreams: Getting Started in the Food Business,
presented by Rachel DesRochers of Grateful Grahams
- Simple Cooking Techniques: How Whole Foods are the Foundation of a Healthy Lifestyle, presented by Kate Horning, certified holistic coach and chef and author of "Healthy Living Redefined: Live it. Share it."
- Growing Mushrooms, presented by Billy Webb of Sheltowee Farm
- Native Nuts of Kentucky, presented by John Strang of the University of Kentucky Department of Horticulture and director of the Kentucky Nut Grower's Association.
The Quick Tips Booth, a show favorite, will offer the following:
- Tips & Tricks for Better Coffee, presented by Good Foods Co-Op
- Fruit Cobbler, presented by Barbara Bailey and Bill Bryant of WKYT
- Fig and Bourbon Compote, presented by author Morgan Murphy
- Anything's Pastable, presented by Lexington Pasta Company
- Milling Grains at Home, presented by Chef Jeremy Ashby of Azur, co-host of KETS's "Food, News & Chews" with Sylvia Lovely
- Simple Cooking Techniques: Fresh Greens, presented by Kate Horning, health coach, lifestyle expert and chef
- Incredible Edible Egg, presented by Chef Allison Davis of Wild Thyme Cooking
Joseph-Beth Booksellers offers show attendees a place to browse and purchase the latest books pertaining to cooking and culinary topics. Joseph-Beth presents an interesting line-up of Kentucky cookbook authors throughout the day signing and answering questions about their regional books. Celebrity chef Ree Drummond will sign copies of her book from 1:30-2:30 p.m. for the first 150 people who purchase a book at the show.
For additional show information, go to www.incrediblefoodshow.com. Tickets are on sale now at the Lexington Center Ticket Office, Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are $20 and include a general admission seat for the 11 a.m. or 3 p.m. Ree Drummond presentations in Rupp Arena. A $3 off coupon is available online at www.incrediblefoodshow.com. Children ages 12 and under will be admitted free.